February 24, 2017
GROW Trainee vacancy at MASH
GROW (Getting Real Opportunities of Work) Trainee
Service User Involvement Worker
Manchester Action on Street Health (MASH)
Salary: £ 17,000 pro rata per annum ( £8,500 actual)
Funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery fund
Do you want to change your life and improve services for women in Manchester, including sex workers?
Are you a woman who has experience of at least one of the following: Sex working, drug and alcohol problems, homelessness, or offending? Can you use your experience of accessing services to make them better for other women?
MASH are looking for you! Interested?
- We’re recruiting for a part time (17.5 hours a week) trainee; The contract will be for 12 months with the possibility of a 6 months extension
- You’ll be working as part of the MASH team and linking in with women who have shared similar experiences to you to make sure their voices are heard
- You’ll have access to a personal budget to spend on your training needs and personal wellbeing
- There’s flexible working, and loads of support to help you discover what you’re really good at.
- Get in touch and have a chat if you’ve any questions – email Cate@Mash.org.uk or call 0161 273 4555 to speak to Cate
- Have a look at the MASH Website to find out a bit more about us
- Come to a pre-application support session to meet previous and current Grow Trainees; find out more about the placements on offer and get some support with your application. You do not need to book, just drop-in, and the sessions are completely voluntary, not an essential. They will take place on:
Wednesday 1st March, 5pm – 7pm, ICM Hub, Swan Buildings, M4 5JW
Monday 6th March, 5pm – 7pm, ICM Hub, Swan Buildings, M4 5JW
Wednesday 8th, 12 – 2pm, Madlab on Edge Street, M4 1HN
- To apply for this role, please email email@example.com with:
- 1. Your CV
- 2. A Supporting Statement which demonstrates how you meet the Person Specification Points 1-7 on the Job Description & Person Specification document (below). You may find it useful if you number your supporting statement 1-7.
Without both your CV and the supporting statement we will be unable to shortlist you.
Closing Date: Monday 13th March
MASH is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This post is restricted to women only as a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9 paragraph 1, Equality Act 2010
Registered Charity No:1051754