Peak District Charity Challenge
WHEN: Saturday, 22 September, 2018
21st/22nd Sept 2018
The Peak District Challenge is series of team trekking (walking and/or running) challenges with four levels of difficulty that take place over 21st & 22nd September 2018.
There are options for different levels of experience and fitness, from a day-long walk that is suitable for most, to an ultra-marathon for fit and experienced hill walkers and runners. You can chose to navigate around the course for yourself or join a led group with a mountain leader.
The distances are:
- Copper (25km with a 9 hour target)
- Bronze (50km with a 12 hour target)
- Silver (75 km with a 24 hour target) or
- Gold Ultra (100km and 3000m of ascent, with a 24 hour target).
The routes all start and finish in Hathersage. There is more information about the routes here.
The 25km Copper route does the smallest circuit at 25km, passing through five checkpoints. The challenge starts at 9.30 on Saturday morning.
The 50km Bronze route does the second smallest circle, (a mere 50km!) passing through seven checkpoints. The target finishing time is 12 hours, starting at 8.30am on Saturday morning.
The Silver (75km) and Gold Ultra (100km) challenges both have 8 refreshment stops and further (refreshment-free) checkpoints. The Gold Ultra route takes a more hilly and difficult route between checkpoints. Silver and Gold challenges start at 9pm on Friday night.
Teams or solo entrants:
The Peak District Challenge is a team event and you are encouraged to enter is a team of 3-5 people. Experienced and competent solo or duo competitors are allowed if they can show extensive walking and navigation experience at the time of registering. (The event organiser, Wilderness Development regularly runs navigation training courses).
Solo and duo teams are not permitted any additional external support, eg pace runners or additional personal crews.
Unlike some other charity challenges, where a big proportion of your “minimum sponsorship” is used to pay for the running costs of the event, the entry fee is an honest £40-65 per person, depending on the distance chosen. Then, if you choose to, 100% of any sponsorship you raise will go to MASH.
Your entry fee covers:
- Fully qualified, professional Mountain Leaders supporting the event and your safety.
- Drinks and snacks from our friendly volunteer checkpoints on the way round.
- A stew supper on Saturday evening.
- A goodie bag at the end including an event t-shirt.
- Kit guidance and advice, a fundraising guide and sponsor forms if you choose to be sponsored.
- A pre-walk registration and briefing, along with the route guides that you need.
- A scenic and challenging route, and all pre-event planning.
- Photos of you participating in the event.
- A unique certificate to celebrate your achievement and your time.
There is more information and details here on a dedicated website.
If you would like to talk further about the event, please contact Helen at MASH on 0161 273 4555 or email@example.com. If you have booked a place we will be in touch with a fantastic MASH fundraising kit including a lovely MASH t-shirt.